Skip to main content

The Spark

My own creativity and style came about when I read a lot of comics when I was just a kid. I remember tracing out my favourite pokemon with rice paper I snatched from the kitchen. I would trace them out an indulge on their cute little designs and cool superpowers.

Throughout, I began thinking about making my own characters. To me it felt like as though I was like god for a moment when I drew out my first few simple characters. Soon after that, I took after the idea of it when I learned that some cartoonist drew whacky characters because it was the only medium that gave their ideas life.

A Character Design I did of myself

By the time I reached 13, I began trying out other mediums to play around with my work. I improved, but not because I thought I needed to. I just had a lot of fun with what I did.
Currently, my preferred form of mediums are traditional pen and paper. My tools of the trade include but not limited to Fountain pens, Rapidographs, Markers and Brush pens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Service Learning Project: Collaboration with Knowledge Channel on The Basa Bilang Project.

Good day to any of you who stumble upon this blog. My name is Syaqil, but my friends call me Koda. Currently as of 2020, I am in my 2nd year of Polytechnic studying animation.  In one of my modules called Fundamentals for Creative Professionals II (FCP2) we were given the opportunity to contribute to The Basa Bilang Project, which was hosted by The Knowledge Channel. This project was one of many that was tasked to other animation students in collaboration to produce educational content for children in the Philippines. It was crucial as this meant that kids who are unable to pursue formal education can still look for their education online through the Knowledge Channel.  Due to the Covid-19 pandemic that has struck the world, our interactions with them through the collaboration had to be done through an online meeting and discussion. Most of the work is carefully deliberated by our own lecturers who oversee our progress in the project, telling us what to improve on and being th...

Webinar Time!

For my next assignment in Fundamentals for Creative Professionals, we were tasked to attend some webinars and understand the medias used in the big industries.  The webinars I attended were called " Demystifying Post-Production | Color Correction and Grading: Designing Creative Looks & Grades " and " Media Composer: Working with Color Corrections ". Demystifying Post-production | Color Correction and Grading: Designing Creative Looks & Grades  In this seminar they talked about Color Correction and Grading in the software of Cinema 4D, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Davinci Resolve 16. Overall the seminar focuses on what a lot of creative professionals will be experiencing when they get themselves into these softwares that are used by the big studios in the industry The presenter, Maximus Raharjo, went through the pipeline of his work, and demonstrated his workflow. He also went through what each function does in adding filters and manipulating the colours of scenes...

Week 7 of 3D Animation Production

 Good Evening, This week's progress has shifted quite a bit as a lot of other works have gotten in our way for a brief period.  I am now tasked with texturing the models and characters while Suqin handles rigging and Joash to handle the animation tests.  That is all for now.